Mindfulness for Business
How much does it cost you each time an employee goes off sick or needs to be replaced?
Stress affects 1 in 5 of the working population, from new recruits to the directors.
Working days lost due to stress/anxiety and depression, cost UK employers £1.24 bn.
It is now the single biggest cause of sickness in the UK!
Whether it’s paying for loss of productivity, interim staff, or advertising, recruiting and inducting a replacement employee, employers like you recognise that looking after the health of your employees makes financial sense. And, with 11.3m working days lost to stress/anxiety and depression in 2013/4, businesses are realising that they need to focus on both the physical and mental health of their employees, to maintain a happy and healthy workforce.
How can mindfulness help your business?
Mindfulness has a significant role to play in improving your business effectiveness and keeping staff costs down. Providing mindfulness courses as an employment benefit, or as an integral part of your company’s philosophy, reflects a forward-thinking organisation and creates an attractive employment proposition.
Do you want efficient, effective employees?
Mindfulness trains employees to focus on the here and now, rather than the past or the future. This present moment awareness contributes to:
• Increased concentration and focus
• Better engagement in each task
• Increased creativity and inspiration
• Clarity of thought
• More effective decision-making and leadership, and so
• Increased productivity.
Concerned about staffing costs?
Investment in mindfulness training is more than offset against reduced sickness costs and employee turnover.
• have improved physical and mental health and wellbeing
• are more mentally resilient as they have the tools to manage challenges at work and home
• interact better with their colleagues through applying mindful communication
• notice and manage any minor illnesses before they get worse
• are better able to self-manage any impairments or chronic health conditions, resulting in fewer flare-ups, and less time off work.
Want great staff morale and motivation?
If your business values the mental and physical wellbeing of your employees, they are likely to:
• have increased job satisfaction
• be more loyal to your organisation
• tell others, doing your recruitment for you, and
• feel more invested in their work and your business.
There is a large evidence base, to support these claims and many corporations have benefited from introducing Mindfulness in the workplace. Examples of which are: Google, Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC), Transport for London, GSK and SABIC..to name but a few.
Mindfulness training to suit you
Inspire Mindfulness, offers a range of options for organisations looking to invest in Mindfulness training. Employees are very welcome simply, to join our open courses .
An alternative, is to create a bespoke Mindfulness course tailored to the needs of your business and any particular issues that you want to address. Employees can attend from across the business, or you can create separate courses for a grade of employee or, area of expertise. We are happy to shape the courses in any way that will better enhance the learning experience for your staff. These courses can take place at whichever sites suit you and your teams, throughout the UK.